Help!

Questions and bugs.

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    Before posting read all the threads partaining the forum rules and if the answer you seek isn't there then ask here. If the answer instead was already in the rules you're gonna get legflailed.

Now, if you have doubts, questions or reasonable suggestions post here.

Let only staff members reply to avoid possible confusion or spread of misinformation.

No chatting - Q/A only.

Edited by †Seha† - 2/6/2015, 11:33

2.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    The Heroes who are Summoners have their possible summons in Brackets, do they have them initially or do they have to unlock them first like the Main Character?

They have to unlock them like a normal character.

A question about cases of same ability. A WHM gets cure for free, a RDM has to unlock it. So if I play a RDM and not unlock Cure, I would have to use Cure in a Sub slot in order to use it?

If you played whm and then hop to rdm or pld you automatically have Cure unlocked(same for other similar shared abilities).

There are also Racial traits that are the same as job traits, (Acc I or so) I assume they do not stack

Same as above.

and shortcuts like Racial Acc I unlocked don't enable me to go straight to RNG Acc II without unlocking Acc I there?

Yes you can. They are the same ability so if you get ACC I through one it translates to both.

3. Felli Traydor
        +1   -1

User deleted

Questions:
    1. Most of the effect inflicting abilities have a duration listed for the effects, but some don't. Do they last till the death of the enemy or will I need abilities like Libra to see when the effect wears off?

2. If a Hero can unlock a summon listed in the brackets that usually requires a previous summon which is not listed in the brackets can he unlock the high-tier summon directly?

3. From the cure answer ("If you played whm") I figure that I need to go on one quest at least with a certain job to really unlock innate abilities?

4. Since I got level 5, I can use a Sub-ability. Is every Sub ability as potent as if it were on the Main?

5. In the rules it is mentioned that the sub slots increase when leveling up. One for every 5 levels?

6. It is also stated that the type of Sub slot depends on the ability equipped. Does that mean if I choose a passive as first for the Sub slot, the sub slot will turn into a permament passive sub slot? Or is there a different relation between them like I have to alternate between passive and active? I cannot figure out other possibilities for a distinction.

Missing Information:
    Maduin (Summon and perp costs)

Typos:
    Hero: Gidan Tribal

Edited by Felli Traydor - 13/5/2016, 17:02

4.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    1. Could be an oversight or that it wasn't needed. Ask specific ones if you need to know.

2. Yes.

3. As sub yes.

4. Save rare exceptions(Jump comes to mind)they are the same.

5. Yes.

6. I probably worded it weirdly, I will check the rules later. But no your subslots aren't locked ever, you can "equip" them at every quest differently if you want. Be them active or passive.

7. Will go check and fix it asap.

8. Mistake coming from the italian side, will update with his english name.

5. Felli Traydor
        +1   -1

User deleted

Will there be any intricacies if I Job Change to get a Sub ability and still taking a lvl 5 Hero with me?
    Like Monsters will be modeled after Rikku's strength and Felli will be hopelessly underleveled.

Would a second hero reduce my experience gained?

EDIT: I'm thinking about getting Eiko, she comes with a flute but Summoners cannot equip flutes and she has no Sub to learn wearing it. What would that mean for me? Buying a SMN weapon?

Is the ability 'Dice Roll' one of those rare exceptions?

Edited by Felli Traydor - 13/5/2016, 18:08

6.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    Will there be any intricacies if I Job Change to get a Sub ability and still taking a lvl 5 Hero with me?
    Like Monsters will be modeled after Rikku's strength and Felli will be hopelessly underleveled.

It will probably half way between the two, however this is a part I'm still tweaking so it might change according to feedback and my own experience. Don't forget this still a fairly new game!

Would a second hero reduce my experience gained?

Not at all, exp isn't divided.

I'm thinking about getting Eiko, she comes with a flute but Summoners cannot equip flutes and she has no Sub to learn wearing it. What would that mean for me? Buying a SMN weapon?

Instruments don't actually have a weapon rank, so if someone can use one they will be considered S rank. In Eiko's case she can use her own flute obviously and will be S rank for it.

Dice Roll is unchanged if used as main or sub.

7. Felli Traydor
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ah I just remembered a question that I wanted to ask for a while but forgot.
    In the last quest I got one huge Gil-Amount from Mugging an enemy (Mandy #2). Why was that?
    Because it was the killing hit? Are there ways to influence the gil generated from Mug?

8.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    While I don't rule out a mistake on my part(am in a hurry atm) you normally get gil from killing enemies, so maybe that was the kill+mug playing together.

Oh and as for enhancing mug: prince of thieves works with that.

9. Felli Traydor
        +1   -1

User deleted

Do Shields count as weapons or accessories in the shop? (price)

There is no shield skill for PLD or Pirate, so does every job have the same 'rank' in it?

Missing information:
    The Damage value for Onion Staff in the Shop is missing.

10.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    They count as weapons for prize.

Shields don't have a rank, if you can equip one that's all it matters.

Will fix onion staff now.

11.     +1   -1

The only and true

Group

Status
    out of mere curiosity (or maybe not only that..) I saw Gnath race has an high mind score, does that mean they would be good conjurers? o.o

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    Sure they would get a lot out of the conjurer's offensive spells(and they will have some top notch magic evasion).

13. Felli Traydor
        +1   -1

User deleted

Gigantoads visual appearances can change quite a lot in the different FF games. For example the picture you posted in the Bestiary shows a quite agile type of Gigantoad while the FFX gigantoad was more like an immovable blob.
    Since the dungeons listed with a specific FF game how does the enemy look like? Does the Bestiary picture take priority or the listed game of the dungeon?

I saw at least one Hero who has Natural Talent as Sub ability. So it could learn it as early as level 2. The D value for fists and Kicks are raised by a direct value of 20 in that case. Is there a % sign missing or could this really be 'exploited' for early levels?

14.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    The bestiary pic is the one to take into account.

I saw at least one Hero who has Natural Talent as Sub ability. So it could learn it as early as level 2. The D value for fists and Kicks are raised by a direct value of 20 in that case. Is there a % sign missing or could this really be 'exploited' for early levels?

Lv 2 is not possible cause sub abilities are unlocked at 5. Nonetheless you raise a valid concern on the exploitability of this technique so I'll have to change it. I designed it with just a lv 50 in mind and completely went over my head that someone could unlock that way sooner. I will fix it in the upcoming days.

15. Felli Traydor
        +1   -1

User deleted

Does Dice Roll provide the same boost every time or can it vary?

How large is the boost? (I would guess 30% at first sight)

Does it stack with Fortune Egg?

The little toads don't give exp right? : )

How do I write sounds? like *bang*? if for example I slap my own face? or should I write them indirectly?

Edited by Felli Traydor - 24/5/2016, 21:37

50 replies since 9/11/2012, 18:46   254 views